papercut print management
PaperCut MF is a simple, low cost software application that lets you take control and manage your printers, copiers and multi-function devices.
Eliminate waste, encourage responsible behaviour and make users and departments accountable for their print usage.
PaperCut MF includes embedded software that runs on your copier/MFD to enable tracking, control and secure print release directly from the device’s panel.
PaperCut MF is suitable for sites of any size, with a cross-platform and vendor-neutral approach to technology and device support. PaperCut’s solutions are currently in use in over 50,000 sites worldwide and translated into 20 languages, making PaperCut MF a product you can trust with a high return-on-investment.
how can it help?
PaperCut MF is regarded as one of the simplest systems of its type to deploy and manage. System administrators have full access to administration and configuration via a familiar web interface.
- User directory (eg. Active Directory and others) integration and automatic user account creation
- Secure print release and Find-Me printing
- Administrator dashboard with real-time status updates
- Print Archiving: Review job content visually
- Optional client and account billing
- Ability to encourage responsible use via popup notifications
A key feature of the administration interface is the dashboard tab – an easy-to-read single page view of the printing environment for administrators. The Dashboard page utilizes a number of gadgets to present key real time information such as system activity and status updates, along with trend information and statistics from past activity such as number of pages printed and environmental impact measures.
Advanced scripting can be used to define and finely tune your printing policy, and support your organization in eliminating waste and changing user behaviour.
With PaperCut you can:
- Automatically route large jobs to detected high volume printers
- Discourage printing of emails via popup print policy warnings
- Convert jobs to grayscale and duplex
- Discourage or disable colour printing by user group
- Least cost routing (suggest more cost effective devices based on conditions)
- Allow free printing (e.g. during class times)
- Define action by job attribute, user / group, period of day, device feature / type.
PaperCut’s Find-Me printing feature enables users to print to a global virtual queue. Jobs are paused and only printed when the user releases the job at any compatible MFD/printer.
- Improved document security and convenience.
- Reduce IT administrators need to manage multiple print drivers and queues for both workstations and notebooks.
- Find-Me printing minimizes waste and has been shown to reduce printing output by up to 20% in busy office environments.
- Support for multiple release methods ranging from auto release on authentication to active release job-by-job.
PaperCut administrators can utilise these features to ensure users are answerable to their printing.
PaperCut’s Print Archiving empowers approved administrators to browse and review the content of print activity within their environment. Alongside the powerful tracking and reporting functionality built into PaperCut, this gives system administrators a wide range of auditing functions.
Watermarking can automatically add a username or other metadata to the bottom of every page e.g. to indicate the document owner. Watermarking may include a unique digital signature which allows you to track document origin to enhance security and encourage responsible printing.
The introduction of iPads, mobile devices, tablets, netbooks and BYO devices have brought a new set of challenges to the printing landscape.
PaperCut can help solve these problems with native iPad print support and web based driverless printing – core features in PaperCut.
Users of these devices have access to the full range of features including authenticating, account selection and ‘find-me’ printing in a simple user interface.
Today’s MFDs are smarter. They have touch screens and the ability to run software directly on the device’s panel. PaperCut leverages this technology to bring new features to each device.
One of the key features is user authentication – only allowing device access to authorized users. At the simplest level users can authenticate with network username and password via an onscreen keyboard. In addition many environments will implement ID card authentication. Card numbers can be extracted from your network’s user directory or a database (e.g. door access control system), alternatively users can self-associate their card on first-use.
Card types include magnetic stripe, proximity (HID, Mifare & Legic) and bar codes, and PaperCut supports many brands of USB card readers including RFIdeas, Elatec and OmniKey. Off the shelf standard USB and network card readers are available from leading suppliers. PaperCut have a global network of hardware experts (Authorized Solutions Centers) should you require technical assistance, advice or onsite support of both software and hardware.